Use this cheat sheet as a checklist for the essential needs of teams making a
change to working-from-home (WFH). These are recommended minimum requirements
This article accompanies the Skills Matter talk of 13 August 2020,
“Essential Techniques for Leading Software Teams in the Work From Home Era”.
- Reliable internet access
- Appropriate computer equipment (including video camera and microphone)
- Group-centric instant messaging software like:
- Video conferencing software like:
- Asynchronous communication tools like:
- Emergency contact information (telephone numbers), shared appropriately
- Preference for asynchronous communication
- A clear way to submit deliverables
In the case of software tools, companies must make a definitive choice of which
to use and must communicate that choice clearly to employees.