This is my useful list of resources and readings about leadership.
- “What Leaders Really Do” by retired Harvard Business School professor John P. Kotter, in Harvard Business Review, December 2001 (first published in 1990).
- “What Makes a Leader” on HBR by Daniel Goleman. The thesis is that emotional intelligence is necessary for effective leadership. Intelligence and technical skills are merely “threshold capabilities”.
- The Neuroscience of Trust by Paul J. Zak, Harvard Business Review, 2017. Motivates the understanding of trust in creating employee engagement.
- “What Is Leadership?" by Kevin Kruse, Forbes, April 2013.
- Gallup’s “Moneyball for Business: Employee Engagement Meta-Analysis”
- Gallup Q12 Meta-Analysis Report
@EntryLevelRebel (Jessica Stillman, “Inc.") - Career development, leadership, happiness.
- “Essential Techniques for Leading Software Teams in the Work From Home Era”
- How to build (and rebuild) trust by Frances Fei, TED, 2018.
- “Why Work Sucks and How to Fix It: The Results-Only Revolution” describes the results-only work environment (ROWE).